Avira Internet Security comes with an user-friendly interface that can be easily interpreted even by beginners, as all its functions are intuitively presented.
The main window lets you visualize the overall status of your computer, and offers details about the PC protection (scanning, backup, update) and Internet protection (firewall, web and mail protection), as well as child protection.
Avira Internet Security enables you to perform a full or partial scan, depending on the type of data you want to analyze. Furthermore, you can also choose the create a backup of your most valuable files, to make sure they do not get corrupted or deleted by various malicious threats.
The Internet Protection section is the place where you can configure the level of firewall protection you prefer, by creating rules for blocking unauthorized applications that might try to launch one your system and connect to the Internet
In addition, Avira Internet Security can scan the URLs you access and create a report with all the detected threats. Incoming and outgoing e-mails are also scanned in real-time to prevent malicious code from being transferred via attachments.
Reports and events can be explored in the Administration window, where you can also see a report of quarantined threats, or schedule a scan.
To conclude, if you are looking for a new application to keep malware away from your computer, and regular antivirus solutions did not meet you requirements, you can evaluate Avira Internet Security for 30 days and decide if you want to purchase a license and use it for a longer period of time..
Here are some key features of “Avira Internet Security:
· Monitors nonstop for viruses, worms, Trojans and more
· Ultrafast scanning and immediate online identification of new malware
· Malware scanning for shared folders
· Traps hidden malware that conventional antivirus doesn’t find
· Min. 150 MB available disk space
· Min. 512 MB RAM (Windows XP)
· Min. 1024 MB RAM (Windows Vista, Windows 7)
· For all installations: Windows Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
· Administrator rights are required for the installation.