NEW Advanced Healing Brush
Don't let dust spots, splotches, or other distractions and flaws get in the way of a great shot. With the Advanced Healing Brush in Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® 5, you can not only change the brush size but also move it in precise paths. Unwanted scene elements — even those with irregular shapes such as threads — just disappear.
Straighten tilted images with a single click. The new Upright™ tool analyzes images and detects skewed horizontal and vertical lines, even straightening shots where the horizon is hidden.
NEW Radial Gradient
Emphasize important parts of your image with more flexibility and control. The Radial Gradient tool lets you create off-center vignette effects, or multiple vignetted areas within a single image
NEW Smart Previews
Easily work with images without bringing your entire library with you. Just generate smaller stand-in files of your full-size images. Any adjustments or metadata additions you make to these files will automatically be applied to the originals.
NEW Video slide shows
Easily share your work in elegant video slide shows. Combine still images, video clips, and music in creative HD videos that can be viewed on almost any computer or device.
NEW Improved photo book creation
Create beautiful photo books from your images. Lightroom 5 includes a variety of easy-to-use book templates, and now you can edit them to create a customized look. Upload your book for printing with just a few clicks. Receive 25% off from Blurb* on your first book created using Lightroom 5.
Find, group, and tag images by location, or plot a photo journey. Automatically display location data from GPS-enabled cameras and camera phones.
Highlight and shadow recovery
Bring out all the detail that your camera captures in dark shadows and bright highlights. Now you have more power than ever before to create great images in challenging light.
Advanced black-and-white conversion
Gain powerful control over the tonal qualities that make or break black-and-white images. Precisely mix information from eight color channels when you convert to grayscale.
Fast cross-platform performance
Speed up day-to-day imaging tasks and process images faster with cross-platform 64-bit support for the latest Mac OS and Windows® operating systems.
Tight Photoshop integration
Select one or multiple photos and automatically open them in Photoshop to perform detailed, pixel-level editing. See your results immediately back in Lightroom. Get Lightroom 5 and Photoshop CC together — plus Adobe Premiere® Pro CC and more — in Adobe Creative Cloud™.
Selective adjustment brushes
Expand your creative control with flexible brushes that let you adjust targeted areas of your photo for just the look you want. Selectively adjust brightness, contrast, white balance, sharpness, noise reduction, moiré removal, and much more.
Superior noise reduction
Get amazing, natural-looking results from your high ISO images with state-of-the-art noise reduction technology. Apply noise reduction to the entire image, or target specific areas.
Set your creativity free in a nondestructive editing environment that lets you experiment without limits. Your original images are never altered, and it's easy to reverse your steps or save multiple versions of any photo.
Save time by instantly applying favorite looks to images. Store Develop settings as presets and apply them to your other photographs at any time with one click. Many presets are included, and thousands more are available from Lightroom photographers and experts.
Changes since the public beta:
* Share your photos using the Behance Publish Service
* Expanded the range of Radial Filter’s feather slider
* Over 400 bugs found and fixed! (Thank you Lightroom 5 beta customers!)
New Camera Support in Lightroom 5.0
- Hasselblad H5D-60
- Olympus PEN E-P5
- Olympus PEN E-PL6
- Panasonic LUMIX DMC-G6
- Panasonic LUMIX DMC-LF1
- Phase One IQ260*
- Ricoh GR
New Lens Profile Support in the Lightroom 5
- Canon PowerShot G1 X Canon
- Canon PowerShot G15 Canon
- Hasselblad HCD 4.8/24 Hasselblad
- Nikon Coolpix A Nikon
- Nikon Coolpix P330 Nikon
- Nikon AF-S Nikkor 80-400 mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon
- HD Pentax-D FA645 Macro 90mm F2.8ED AW SR Pentax
- HD Pentax-DA 560mm F5.6ED AW Pentax
- Sigma 30mm F1.4 DC HSM A013 Canon, Sigma
- Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM C013 Nikon
- Sigma 19mm F2.8 DN A013 Olympus, Sony
- Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN A013 Olympus, Sony
- Zeiss Apo Sonna T* 2/135 ZE Canon
- Zeiss Apo Sonnar T* 2/135 ZF.2 Nikon
- Zeiss Touit 1.8/32 Sony
- Zeiss Touit 2.8/12 Sony
* Intel® Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon® 64 processor*
* DirectX 10–capable or later graphics card
* Microsoft® Windows® 7 with Service Pack 1 or Windows 8
* 2GB of RAM (4GB recommended)
* 2GB of available hard-disk space
* 1024x768 display
* DVD-ROM drive required if purchasing Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® retail boxed version
* Internet connection required for Internet-based services†